Thursday, May 12, 2005

Blah, blah, blah

So the last few weeks have kind of flown by. Work has been so busy that I've pretty much been avoiding anything having to do with writing when I'm at home. No bills, no birthday cards, not even a shopping list.

Ok, that's not entirely true. I have done a few e-mails here and there, and one late-evening chat that was pretty fun.

One of the reasons I was nervous about starting a blog was that I didn't want it to feel like a chore. I figured eventually it would, I just didn't figure it would be so soon. Sometimes I wish my life was more dramatic, so it would be easier to write about. But that's stupid, I know. I'm so thankful that everything is smooth sailing for us these days. Back when I was in infertility drama overload it was just about killing me. So I'll take this any day.

Canon rented office space this week. He's picked out paint chips and gave his last final at the university today. The business is going strong. Em is pulling herself up from sitting to standing. She's doing lots more tummy time and scooting backwards pretty well. The only problem is that's not the way she wants to go, and it's really pissing her off. That girl can screech like a velociraptor.

And me, I'm just hobbling along, trying to get a productive day here and there. I've got a cold that's kicking my ass. Lately I've been missing small details at work and forgetting some pretty basic stuff. It's not really like me, and that's really bothering me. How can I bitch about the doofi I work with when I can't even get my stuff right? I think it's time for a vacation.

Anyone else remember when Jerry, the desk clerk on ER, was a high school student on "Parker Lewis Can't Lose?" Now he's got a gray goatee. Damn, I feel old.

And there we have it: B.O.R.I.N.G., with all the bad --and all the good-- that goes along with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about blogging feeling like a chore. I go through phases where I update once a week or even less, and I just can't get inspired to write anything. But then I return to it and it feels good to be writing again.

Elise

Krissy said...

I just want you to know that I stop by every day to see if you've updated. Not because you have to, but because I like to read your writing. I commented on your thin mint post, but my computer ate the reply.

Stoopid computer.