Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Murffle glerk hork

Don't get the flu.

I had it. Or maybe I still do. But at least I have it less than I had it over the weekend. What is it about being sick that just makes you want your mommy? I can tell you the opposite... being a mommy while sick is hell on earth. Man. You don't realize exactly how much you do for that lovable little leech until it physically pains you to do it. And that's with all the things she can do on her own. I guess she's not as independent as I was thinking she was.

Back when we were new (new together, at least) Canon was a pretty doting caregiver when I was sick. Maybe it's just familiarity or stress or the impossibility of being Mommy and Daddy and Nurse and Businessman all at once that overwhelms him. He did the best he could. He did a lot. I still wanted my mommy.

But now that I'm starting to feel better, I mostly just want a maid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel better! Being sick sucks, there are no two ways about it.

Elise